Thursday, January 29, 2009

What I learned today about life

I learned that life can and is unpredictable but God isn't.

I received an 'onion' letter from my place of employment. The letter stated that there are going to be dismissals (retrenchments) due to woes of the economy. I haven't been long at this job but have really put everything into it. I was the last to join the group of 10 employees and I may be the first to be dismissed.

I don't have the fear of the possibility of losing my job because I know that when one door closes 10 or more are opened. I put all my trust in the Lord because he's the one that directs my path.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. And even the hairs of your head are all counted. So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows." [Matthew 10:29-31]

No comments:

Post a Comment