Monday, February 2, 2009

Music

Music's the medicine of the mind. ~John A. Logan

Music moves me deeply. Music has the power to cause emotions to well up within us. These feelings are gripping - often irresistible - and seem to emerge from nowhere. These feelings colour our moods, affect our perceptions and generate a behavioural pattern. The indisputable fact about music is its power to evoke emotions.

If ever you want to know what mood I'm in or how I'm doing, just ask what I'm listening to. The last 2 days, I've been in a reflective mood and been listening to Beethoven. There is something intriguing about a man who's hearing gradually deteriorated yet he continued to compose, and to conduct and perform, even after he was completely deaf.

My favourite is Beethoven Symphony no. 5 in C minor. It takes me back to a place when I was in South Africa with family and also stirs up these images of what heaven would be like.



What are you listening to, currently?

No comments:

Post a Comment